Year 3 Big Maths Summer Term
· Understanding place value in numbers to 1000 to order 3-digit numbers (using the same concepts for 2d numbers). e.g. put these numbers in order from lowest to highest: 354 345 355 342
· Introduce decimals: counting in 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 0.25
· Counting in halves, quarters, fifths, tenths
· 8 x table
· Generate fact families from a single addition fact, e.g. knowing that 23+15 = 38, is able to construct a fact family: 23+15=38 15+23=38 38-15=23 38-23=15
· Doubling 3- digit numbers – without crossing and crossing the ten · Introduce the column method to add and subtract two 2- digit numbers
· To find multiples: e.g. what is the 4th multiple of 5? What is the 7th multiple of 6? The 8th multiple of 3 = 21: True or False? (False) · To multiply multiples of 10 by a single digit: e.g. 3 x 60 5 x 80 7 x 50
· To use a tables fact to find a division fact, e.g. if 6 x 4 =24, then 24 divided by 6 = 4
Year 3 Big Maths Spring Term
Year 3 Big Maths Autumn Term.
Children are to become secure with the 3 x table.
They need to be able to recall multiplication facts and their associated division facts quickly.
Resources to support your child can be found on the top marks website:
Games to use include:
Whilst our focus is on the 3 x table, it is always worth revising x2 x5 and x10 and to begin working on x4.
The Year 3 Team.