Autumn 1 Spelling Patterns
- Week 1 - Year 3 Spelling list
- Week 2 - Year 3 Spelling list
- Week 3 - Words with the /ei/ sound - graphemes including 'ei', 'eigh', 'ey', 'aigh', 'ay'
- Week 4 - Words ending in (prefixes) 'un' and 'dis'
- Week 5 - Homophones
- Week 6 - The /n/ sound spelt kn/gn at the start of words. The /r/ sound spelt wr at the start of words
- Week 7 - words ending in 'tion'
Autumn 2 Spelling Patterns
- Week 1 - Adding –es to nouns/verbs ending in –y . The /i:/ sound spelt –ey
- Week 2 - Adding –ing, –ed, –er, –est and –y to words of one syllable ending in a single consonant after a single vowel
- Week 3 - The /k/ sound is spelt with a k before 'e', 'i' and 'y'
- Week 4 - Adding the endings –ing, –ed, –er, –est and –y to words ending in –e with a consonant before it